2. Fraturnity members
5. Foreign students
Núria Arbonés Aran, language & cultural scientist, researched youth in Amsterdam. She defines 5 tribes.
- Creatives: want to become journalists, novel writers, designers, producers. See Amsterdam as a bohemian collection.
- Fraturnity members: like traditions, hierarchy, uniformity and brotherhood
- Ajax-fans: great diversity within the group, but held together by their love for Ajax
- HipHop-fans: very divers. For some it is some kind of protest-movement, a counter-culture (black awareness). For others it has some kind of nonchalance.
- Foreign students: idealized image of Amsterdam and the Netherlands is tolerant and free